Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me

Monday, July 8, 2013

Skin Care for the Jet Setters


Hello Friends! I'm so happy to be back in the SkIndulgence kitchen (and to reopen the stores!) after my amazing month with Build.Create.Kenya in East Africa! It occurred to me, after spending a cumulative total of about 48 hours in the air, that I should share some tips on how to keep your skin fresh and beautiful when traveling. Cabin air is incredibly drying, and its easy for our skin to suffer as a result. Heed this advice on your summer travels, and I promise you'll arrive all a'glow and ready for those vacay-pics!
  • As much as I love my makeup, I go without while on the plane as I know that the recycled and drying air will destroy the look anyway.
  • Before the flight, cleanse thoroughly with the Foaming Facial Cleanser and the Cleansing Grains. If you have time, do a Facial Steam, too. After cleansing, tone and moisturize.
  • Make sure to get plenty of fluids pre-flight by drinking at least a pint of water. Add the juice of half a lemon for extra-oopfm and system-cleansing qualities. Avoid caffeine as it will dehydrate you and your skin. Whenever that beverage cart comes by, guzzle water, water, and more water!
  • If its a long flight, keep some mild toner and moisturizer handy.  With all that recycled air, who knows how many germs are infiltrating your pores, and its a good idea to tone and moisturize (while your skin is still damp) soon after take-off, then again near the end of the flight.
  • If I know I'll be heading right out into public after landing, I'll apply some light makeup right before landing (concealer, a tinted moisturizer, lip balm and, of course, mascara).
  • If you're traveling light, remember SkIndulgence offers the full facial line in travel-size containers. I took mine to Kenya (of course!), and the 1-ounce sizes were more than enough to last me and the fiance the entire month!
Wishing you all safe travels and happy skin!

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for this info!! Summer travel is upon us and this was much needed and well timed information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!! travel make our skin dull. We should more careful about our skin in travel and summer. Due to sun-rays our skin can burn.

    Regards,
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete